Laser Dentistry Santa Clarita
Laser dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures. The potential for it to improve dental procedures rests in the dentist’s ability to control power output and the duration of exposure on the, allowing for treatment of a highly specific area of focus without damaging surrounding tissues.
If you consider yourself somewhat of an anxious dental patient and are seeking extreme safety and comfort, come to Smile care Valencia, where we have incorporated laser techniques into our practices and treatments.
The Doctors at Smile Care Valencia use the state-of-the art Odyssey Diode Soft Tissue Laser, a versatile laser which can be used in any ways. This laser penetrates soft tissue while sealing blood vessels and nerve endings. This is the primary reason why many people experience virtually NO postoperative pain following the use of a laser. Also, soft tissue lasers allow tissues to heal FASTER. It is for this reason that we at Smile care Valencia are incorporating the use of our Odyssey soft tissue laser for our procedures.
– Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
– Certain procedures do not require anesthesia.
– Minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
– Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
– Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
– Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
Periodontal Treatment ( Dental Cleanings) – Use of lasers during periodontal treatment have the ability to kill bacteria and activate the re-growth of tissues. The laser also minimizes damage to surrounding tissue and removes tissue faster than the fiber optic method.
Crown Lengthening: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue (soft tissue laser) and bone (hard tissue laser) to expose healthier tooth structure. Referred to as crown lengthening, such reshaping provides a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
Cold Sores: Low intensity dental lasers reduce pain associated with cold sores and minimize healing time.
Gummy Smile and removal of excessive tissue : Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile.